Ofsted Inspection 21-22nd April 2016
Our school is securely good in all areas following an inspection of the school in April 2016. A full copy of the report can be viewed here.
Message from Mrs Walker
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.
Mrs Violet Walker, Headteacher
Some of the highlights from each section of the report have been listed below.
Effectiveness of leadership and management
- “the quality of teaching and pupils’ outcomes have improved”
- “The content and tone of the curriculum is academic and provides pupils with a good grounding in basic skills, alongside the development of enquiry and practical-based skills.”
- “every pupil is enabled to progress successfully onto the next stage of their education and their chosen career”
- “The school promotes British values and pupils’ spiritual, moral, social and cultural development well.”
- “Parents are content that their children are safe in school.”
Quality of teaching, learning and assessment
- "Staff use their specialist subject knowledge to good effect to plan and teach interesting and engaging lessons. They question pupils incisively to deepen their thinking”.
- “teachers plan a good variety of inspiring activities that keep pupils highly engaged throughout”
Personal development, behaviour and welfare
- “Pupils are resilient learners and extremely eager to help each other.”
- “Pupils develop into confident and articulate young women”.
Outcomes for pupils
- “By securing improvements in the quality of teaching, new leadership has successfully driven up rates of progress”
16-19 study programmes
- “current learner achievement is rising rapidly”
- “Learners say that they are well prepared both before and after entry into the sixth form. Their confidence and commitment as learners have grown rapidly throughout their time in the sixth form.”
Parent View gives you the chance to tell us what you think about your child’s school. Parent View asks for your opinion on 12 aspects of your child’s school.